Holiday Top 10
Family Friendly Movies
Hallmark has their Christmas movies going right now, every day, all day. My mom is obssessed with these. So if you visit, be prepared to watch them the entire time you are there. I love the holidays and I am one of those sick people who would decorate for Christma before halloween, yea you heard me…go ahead and leave your comments below, and I will get to them shortly… I love making a bowl of popcorn, throwing on our matching family pj’s and snuggling under a million blankets and popping in a good ole Christmas movie. Here are some of my absolute favorite holiday movies to watch with my kids:
1. Elf: Come on, how hilarious is this movie?! Probably one of my all time favorites…my kids don’t understand me when it comes to this movie, so it must go in as my #1 favorite holiday movie!!
2. How the Grinch stole Christmas: I don’t know what it is about this movie that makes me feel all kinds of magical, but it does. So it goes on the list! Plus he basically lifts an entire sleigh over his head and it reminds me of crossfit….
3. The Polar Express: When this movie first came out my oldest was terrified of it. The preview would come on TV and he would have a melt down because it was TOO scary! Thank goodness he has grown out of that, so now we can enjoy this cute movie. I mean I would have loved to take a train and meet Santa!
4. Prancer: I remember growing up and my sister would get so excited when this movie would come on. She loves animals, so this movie has all kinds of nostalgia for me.
5. The classics: I don’t even need to explain why I love these…this is my childhood right here.
6. Home Alone: I showed my kids this movie last year for the first time and they loved it. Hearing their little giggles was pure joy. Also what mom in her right mind leaves her kid at home?! I bet if this happened to my niece Bella…she would come out on top. (Ps: my sister is a great mom, and would never forget her kid at home, Bella is just scrappy and can hold her own.)
7. The Muppet Christmas Carol: Another classic for me. I also could not watch this movie with my kids because they were terrified of puppets, I shouldn’t laugh as I type this out, but its hilarious! Praise the Lord we now watch it safely without tears and enjoy it as a family.
8. The Santa Claus: I enjoyed him getting fat, growing a beard and no matter what he cannot get rid of either no matter how hard he tried. Also his little elf friend who makes the worlds best cocoa! Perfect for a night in with warm drinks and popcorn!
9. Arthur Christmas: If you haven’t seen this adorable British made movie, you need to add it to your list. I love the high tech army of elves going above and beyond and the sweet deamenor of Santa’s other son who wants to make Christmas magical for everyone no matter what it takes. Gets you right in the feels.
10. Christmas with the Kranks: maybe I am showing my age by saying this, but I love Tim Allen. This movie is full of laughs for everyone.
We hope you enjoy this list of ours. What are some of your favorite holiday movies? Please share!